‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Died From Mixture Of Heroin And Alcohol

Three days after Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel, the British Columbia coroner has announced that the actor died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.

After the completion of an autopsy and toxicological analysis yesterday (July 16), it was revealed that Monteith died of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.” Police do not suspect foul play and believe the actor died alone.

RELATED: Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele Address Passing Of ‘Glee’ Co-Star Cory Monteith

A release from the coroner stated, “there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”

Monteith, who had struggled with addiction since he was 13, had checked himself into a rehab facility this past April for substance addiction.

Read more on Radio.com


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 94.7 Fresh FM

Video on Demand

Listen Live