Always willing to jump on the bandwagon of health trends, I heard about oil pulling and decided to research it and try it out. It requires swishing a vegetable-based oil around your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes . I used an organic coconut oil but please don’t swallow it.
I have only been using it for a few days and my mouth feels much fresher but I haven’t seen any other benefits. Multiple publications brag the benefits go beyond the health of you mouth, here is a short list:
– Whitens teeth.
– Strengthens your gums and helps with sensitive teeth. It’s reported to help TMJ sufferers like myself.
– It helps get rid of acne, eczema, psoriasis and other skin care issues.
– It cures hangovers and migraines.
– It clears out your sinuses and helps allergy sufferers.
– Your morning breath will be much better.
– It also helps with chronic pain issues and detoxes the body.
Am I the only one who buys into this stuff?