Top o’ the mornin’ to ya! St. Patrick’s Day is here once again and if you’re dusting off those blinking shamrock earrings and green pants, you’re just in time. If you feel like completely encasing yourself in all-things Irish this weekend, check out these local spots that offer the Irish atmosphere, Irish foods and of course, Guinness.
1. Fado Irish Pub – The great thing about Fado is that they offer a bunch of St. Patrick’s Day festivities leading up to the holiday on March 17. Plus, they open up early for European sports. This weekend, wear your green for “St. Practice Day” with a full brunch and more.
Address: 808 7th Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20001
2. Ireland’s Four Courts – Within walking distance from the Court House Metro, this Irish bar has a full menu, a slew of beers on draft and a staff of friendly, Irish-accented bartenders. If athleticism is how you like to spend your St. Patrick’s Day, they offer the Four Courts Four-Miler on Saturday, March 15. Guests can enjoy a full day of live music and flowing beer after their four mile run around Arlington.
Address: 2051 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Va. 22201
3. Ri-Ra Irish Pub – If Georgetown is your cup of tea, check out Ri Ra Irish Pub. They’re offering live bands all weekend to celebrate St. Patty’s Day.
Address: 3125 M Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20007
(202) 751 2111
4. Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub – Traditional Irish food and drink is what this family-owned Irish Pub boasts. With a mix of live music and a great atmosphere, this is the place for the laid-back St. Patrick’s Day fan. They have two locations in the D.C. area to make it a little easier.
Address: 713 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
2609 24th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. – Right off the Woodley Park Metro
5. The Dubliner – Just steps away from Capitol Hill, The Dubliner is a homey Irish Pub that’s been in the hands of Irish immigrants since its inception. This pub is offering live music all day on Sunday to celebrate.
Address: 4 F St, Washington, D.C. (202) 737-7337
Get more St. Patrick’s Day on CBS DC.
Follow 94.7 Fresh FM on Twitter.