Many Hollywood faces call the District home and it got Jen Richer thinking… what surprising celebrities call D.C. home?
From actresses to talented singers and legendary on-screen gems, here are 10 people who grew up in Maryland, Virginia or the District.
1. Julia Louis Dryfus – This actress is a Holton Arms alumna. Though the six-time Golden Globe nominee may have been born in New York, she grew up in Bethesda.
2. Sandra Bullock – In 2012, she broke the record for the highest-paid actress in the world, but would this once cheerleader from Washington-Lee High School in Arlington have believed that then?
3. Lynda Carter – Miss World 1979 and Wonder Woman grew up in Arizona, but now lives in Gaithersburg, Md.
4. Katie Couric – This TV host grew up in Arlington and graduated from UVA.
5. Robert Duvall – You might see this acting legend popping around Leesburg or at Gold Cup, which he attends every year.
6. Goldie Hawn – Born in D.C., Hawn was raised in Takoma Park, Md. and attended Montgomery Blair High School in nearby Silver Spring, Md.
7. J.C. Chasez – Born in D.C. and raised in Bowie Md, JC answered an ad in the Washington Post to audition for the Mickey Mouse Club. He managed to graduate Bowie High School while starting the *NSYNC craze.
8. Good Charlotte – The original members of the band are all La Plata High School Alumni and the Waldorf, Md.-based band got their start at HFStival.
9. Dave Chapelle – This Silver Spring native made it big when he starred as Achoo in Robin Hood Men in Tights, but he got his start in the D.C. comedy club circuit. His step-dad was a professor at University of Maryland.
10. Guiliana Rancic– Though she was born in Naples Italy, her family moved to Bethesda when she was young. She stayed in the area and graduated from University of Maryland.
Follow 94.7 Fresh FM on Twitter.