Can’t Beat Kelly is on twice a day! Play along at 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. each weekday.
ROUND 1 – QUESTIONS
1. Yesterday a family from this lobster-loving state announced $80 million worth of land that will become a National Park?
2. 100 years ago today, this president created the National Park Service.
3. A National Park is home to the highest point in North America. In which state is this?
4. This West Coast state has the most National Parks — nine in total — more than Alaska with eight and Utah with five.
5. Which presidents are carved into Mount Rushmore?
ROUND 1 – ANSWERS
1. 87,000 ACRES | 2. WOODROW WILSON | 3. ALASKA | 4. CALIFORNIA | 5. WASHINGTON, JEFFERSON, THEODORE ROOSEVELT, & LINCOLN
ROUND 2 – QUESTIONS
1. Which famous Abe Lincoln speech is carved in the side of the Lincoln Memorial?
2. On Ellis Island, Lady Liberty holds what in her left arm?
3. What does Lady Liberty hold in her right arm?
4. What City of Brotherly Love is home to the Liberty Bell?
5. Yesterday, the president and the National Park Service announced a new national park in Maine. Does the Quimby family’s donation of 87,000 acres make this the 413th, 590th, or the 751st National Park?
ROUND 2 – ANSWERS
1. GETTYSBURG ADDRESS | 2. TABLET | 3. TORCH | 4. PHILADELPHIA | 5. 413TH