Can’t Beat Kelly is on twice a day! Play along at 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. each weekday.
ROUND 1 – QUESTIONS
1. Mila Kunis was photographed in a long flowy retro dress that many said looked like wardrobe from this show she got her start on.
2. Yesterday at Nationals Park Olympic Gold Medalist Helen Maroulis from Rockville threw out the first pitch. In what sport did she get her gold?
3. Known for his songs “Eat It” and “Like a Surgeon,” this parody legend is coming to D.C. for the Bentzen Ball Comedy Festival.
4. ON THIS DAY: In 1987, Cher’s ex decided to run for mayor of Palm Springs, California. The future congressman won.
5. NERD QUESTION: Yesterday, Beijing launched a public contest to name a rover they plan to send to which planet in 2020?
ROUND 1 – ANSWERS
1. THAT 70s SHOW | 2. WRESTLING | 3. WEIRD AL YANKOVIC | 4. SONNY BONO | 5. MARS
ROUND 2 – QUESTIONS
1. Olympian Hope Solo was suspended for six months by the International Olympic Committee because of inappropriate conduct. What sport does she play?
2. Tonight at 7 p.m., almost 100 people are supposed to participate in a silent dance party at this monument, which has been having elevator issues.
3. Rayna James may not be singing at the Blue Bird much longer. Reports say Connie Britton won’t have a huge part when this show moves from ABC to CMT.
4. ON THIS DAY: In 1970, This Gilmore Girls turned comedy icon was born. This “Boss” has been bringing “The Heat” ever since.
5. NERD QUESTION: What is the name of the city Batman protects?
ROUND 2 – ANSWERS
1. SOCCER | 2. WASHINGTON MONUMENT | 3. NASHVILLE | 4. MELISSA MCCARTHY | 5. GOTHAM
See how you would fare against Kelly in today’s edition of the Can’t Beat Kelly quiz.